The counting continues as we publish this month’s special episode, with a handful of seats in the US Senate and House still up for grabs. But with the Democratic takeover of the House assured, and several longtime space advocates turned out, change is certainly coming. Dealing with the nation’s huge deficit also threatens NASA’s budget. Planetary Society Chief Advocate Casey Dreier welcomes back space policy expert Marcia Smith for an insider’s look at the aftermath and what may be ahead.
Related Reading and References:
- When Space Science Becomes a Political Liability
- What the 2018 midterms mean for NASA and planetary science
- Here are the NASA programs that could suffer from a funding delay
- Marcia Smith’s Space Policy Online
- Join the Planetary Society to support space advocacy and much more!
- Visit Congress with the Planetary Society, March 3-4, 2019