Planetary Radio • Jul 07, 2017
Space Policy Edition #14 – Ice Giants and Ocean Worlds Beckon
On This Episode
Former Space Policy Advisor for The Planetary Society
Chief of Space Policy for The Planetary Society
Senior Communications Adviser and former Host of Planetary Radio for The Planetary Society
Former Senior Manager, Government Relations for The Planetary Society
A new report builds the case for long overdue returns to Uranus and Neptune, while another proposal calls for exploration of the many bodies in our solar system that hide vast water oceans. Jason Callahan, Casey Dreier and Mat Kaplan dive into the troubled waters that determine which planetary science missions will get the limited funds available. Winners and losers are inevitable. We also meet Matt Renninger, newest member of the Planetary Society space policy team, and take a brief look at Donald Trump’s resurrection of the National Space Council.
A new episode of Space Policy Edition is posted on the first Friday of each month. Let us know what you think! Comment on this page or write to [email protected].
Related Reading and References:
- President Trump formed a national space council. Now it needs a NASA administrator (planetary.org)
- Revisiting the ice giants: NASA study considers Uranus and Neptune missions (planetary.org)
- Follow the (Outer Solar System) Water: Program Options to Explore Ocean Worlds (pdf)
- The Planetary Society’s political advocacy site
- Mars in Retrograde—A Planetary Society White Paper (planetary.org)