The passing of Planetary Society co-founder and former JPL Director Bruce Murray has been marked around the world. Planetary Radio takes its turn with this special tribute, featuring stories about Dr. Murray from Planetary Society Executive Director Emeritus Louis Friedman, Director of Projects and former student of Dr. Murray Bruce Betts, along with special commentary from Bill Nye and Emily Lakdawalla. You’ll also hear excerpts from two of the “Admiral of the Solar System’s” appearances on Planetary Radio.
PLANETARY RADIO ARCHIVE--EPISODES FEATURING BRUCE MURRAY
- 10/19/2009-The Persistence and Importance of Water Ice (With Bruce Betts)
- 7/16/2007-The 7th International Conference on Mars
- 2/13/2006-Has NASA's Vision for for Space Exploration Become Nearsighted?
- 11/14/2005-Planetary Society 25th Anniversary Gala
- 9/19/2005-Japanese Hayabusa Probe Reaches Asteroid
- 10/27/2003-The Planetary Society Goes to Washington
- 8/18/2003-Four Decades of Mars Exploration
- 12/16/2002-Interview with Freeman Dyson
This week's prize is the NEW and stylish Planetary Radio T-shirt!
This week's question:
What is Dr. Bruce Murray's middle name?
To submit your answer:
Complete the contest entry form at http:planetary.org/radiocontest or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, September 9th, at 2pm Pacific Time. Be sure to include your name, mailing address and shirt size.
Last week's question:
Who was the first person to Tweet from space?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
In what galaxy did a supernova appear this year?
Well, one that appeared in late July is SN 2013ej, still visible in Messier 74.