Planetary Video • The Space Advocate
The Lure of Europa featuring Bill Nye and Special Guests
Europa is a moon of Jupiter that may have three crucial ingredients for life: liquid water, energy, and nutrients. What, if anything, can be found in the great oceans of Europa? Could NASA look for life? How could we explore affordably? Bill Nye The Science Guy, eminent NASA scientists, and prominent legislators examined just these questions in a public event inside the halls of Congress. This was recorded live on July 15th, 2014.
Recorded by Tushar Dayal.
Speakers (in order of appearance):
* Casey Dreier (Director of Advocacy for The Planetary Society and event emcee)
* Rep. Lamar Smith (Chairman, House Science Committee; Texas 21st District)
* Rep. John Culberson (Texas 7th District)
* Rep. Adam Schiff (California 21st District)
* Dr. Ellen Stofan (Chief Scientist, NASA)
* Dr. Robert Pappalardo (Europa Study Scientist, JPL)
* Bill Nye, The Science Guy (CEO of The Planetary Society)