Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, & Space Stars Gather for Celebration of Planetary Society’s 35th Anniversary
October 12, 2015
Overview: Daylong Celebration to Include Building Dedication, Family Space Fair & Ticketed Evening Party for Public
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2015
MEDIA R.S.V.P. Details:
- MORNING EVENT: Credentialed media may r.s.v.p. to [email protected]. Please provide name, affiliation, and photographer/cameraperson name (if applicable). Bill Nye, speakers to field Q&A following dedication (11:40am - 12:00pm PDT).
- EVENING PROGRAM: A limited number of gratis press seats/passes are available for credentialed journalists. Please contact [email protected]. Limit two per news outlet: one journalist and one cameraperson (video and/or still photography are permitted). Press passes include program viewing and photo/videography opportunities.
MORNING EVENT: Building dedication to unveil new Planetary Society headquarters.
WHO: Planetary Society CEO Bill Nye (The Science Guy), Board of Directors President Jim Bell, Other Leaders
WHAT: Building dedication
WHEN: 11:00am - 12:00pm PDT
WHERE: The Planetary Society Headquarters
60 South Los Robles
Pasadena, CA 91101
EVENING EVENT: The public is invited to join Planetary Society CEO, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and other space stars for More to Explore: a community celebration of The Planetary Society’s 35th Anniversary.
WHO: A star-studded cast from the worlds of science fact and science fiction includes:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, longtime Planetary Society Board Member, will receive the prestigious Cosmos Award for the Public Presentation of Science
- Andy Weir, author of the book The Martian (blockbuster film in theaters now)
- Actors from the Star Trek universe, including Nichelle Nichols, Robert Picardo, and Jeri Ryan
- NASA scientists Dava Newman and Amy Mainzer
- Planetary Society personalities Emily Lakdawalla, Jim Bell, Bruce Betts, Mat Kaplan, Jason Davis, and Casey Dreier
- World premiere of melodysheep’s newest Symphony of Science music video, Beyond the Horizon
WHEN: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 7:30 – 9:00p.m. PDT
WHERE: The Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Pasadena, CA
Tickets & Details: http://www.planetary.org/get-involved/events/2015/more-to-explore.html
For media resources, please visit our Press Room: http://www.planetary.org/press-room/
About The Planetary Society
With a global community of more than 2 million space enthusiasts, The Planetary Society is the world’s largest and most influential space advocacy organization. Founded in 1980 by Carl Sagan, Bruce Murray, and Louis Friedman and today led by CEO Bill Nye, we empower the public to take a meaningful role in advancing space exploration through advocacy, education outreach, scientific innovation, and global collaboration. Together with our members and supporters, we’re on a mission to explore worlds, find life off Earth, and protect our planet from dangerous asteroids. To learn more, visit www.planetary.org.