A stellar gathering of space entrepreneurs, scientists, and visionaries will appear at the International Space Development Conference (ISDC), May 4-7, 2006 at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Los Angeles, California. For the first time, the annual conference will be cosponsored by both The Planetary Society and the National Space Society. The Presenting Sponsor of the Conference is NASA.
The Conference theme is Exploring New Worlds. Visit the website for more information.
Conference attendees can hear in person:
* Two Apollo astronauts: Buzz Aldrin and Rusty Schweickart
* SpaceShipOne Designer Burt Rutan
* Bill Nye the Science Guy - Planetary Society Vice President
* NASA Deputy Administrator Shana Dale
* JPL Director Charles Elachi
* General Simon "Pete" Worden - new director NASA Ames Research Center
* Return to Flight Shuttle Pilot Jim Kelly
* SpaceX President Elon Musk
* NSS Chairman Hugh Downs
* Planetary Society Chairman Neil deGrasse Tyson
* Planetary Society Executive Director Louis Friedman
* Space Tourists Dennis Tito and Gregory Olsen
* Virgin Galactic President Will Whitehorn
* Space Adventures CEO Eric Anderson
Opening on Space Day 2006, ISDC will offer dozens of exciting presentations over the course of four days. From sneak previews of the next generation of spacecraft to the steps required to land humans on Mars, presentations will cover a broad spectrum of space-related interests.
In addition, ISDC will feature a Saturday children's program for families, a Space Art exhibition, a special session on International Lunar Exploration, showings of space films, and a thirty-foot space elevator mockup.
A special Space Venturing Forum on May 4 will feature the leaders of the new world of space tourism and entrepreneurial space, such as Virgin Galactic, Space Adventures, and SpaceX. Plus, that night will feature the star-studded ORBIT Awards Dinner, marking the 5th anniversary of Dennis Tito's historic flight and celebrating the pioneers of personal spaceflight.
The public may register online or by calling (202) 429-1600. Pre-registration is $125 until April 26, and the rate is $150 at the door. Daily rates are also available.
ISDC will be held May 4 to 7, 2006 at the Los Angeles Airport Sheraton Gateway Hotel, 6101 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles.
Media are invited to register for press credentials online.
About The Planetary Society
The Planetary Society has inspired millions of people to explore other worlds and seek other life. With the mission to empower the world's citizens to advance space science and exploration, its international membership makes the non-governmental Planetary Society the largest space interest group in the world. Carl Sagan, Bruce Murray and Louis Friedman founded The Planetary Society in 1980. Bill Nye, a longtime member of The Planetary Society's Board, serves as CEO.