Planetary Radio Live at the USA Science and Engineering Festival with Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs
Air Date: 04/29/2014
Run Time: 52:29
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- Ray O. Johnson, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, Lockheed Martin
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
- Bruce Betts, Director of Science and Technology / LightSail Program Manager, The Planetary Society
- Mike Rowe, Creator and Executive Producer of 'Dirty Jobs', Discovery Channel
Join thousands of space and science geeks at the world’s biggest public science event in Washington DC. On the Einstein stage to talk about dirty jobs in space with television’s terrific Mike Rowe, Festival co-founder and Lockheed Martin Chief Technology Officer Ray Johnson, Planetary Society CEO Bill Nye the Science Guy and Planetary Evangelist Emily Lakdawalla. You’ll also hear the swinging harmonies of the Chromatics, scientists and engineers who sing about the wonders of STEM. Bruce Betts appeared via Skype to challenge the audience with space trivia questions. Our prize for this week’s listener contest is a Celestron COSMOS FirstScope telescope!
- Flickr album of Planetary Radio Live at the 2014 USASEF
- Mike Rowe’s MikeRoweWorks
- Mike Rowe’s Profoundly Disconnected
- USA Science and Engineering Festival
- The Chromatics
This week's prize is a Celestron COSMOS FirstScope Telescope!
This week's question:
What is the dirtiest job in the space program? Make sure it’s a real job. Bonus points for humor.
To submit your answer:
Complete the contest entry form at http://planetary.org/radiocontest or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, May 6, at 8am Pacific Time. Be sure to include your name and mailing address.
Last week's question:
What is the name of the moon orbiting the trans-Neptunian object Quaoar?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
What was the dwarf planet Eris named after?
Eris was the Greek goddess of strife, discord and chaos.