DPS 2012: Who were you wearing?
Posted by Emily Lakdawalla
2012/10/24 04:32 CDT
Scientific conferences have become more fun since it suddenly became cool to be a geek. I thoroughly enjoy the "geek uniform" of witty T-shirt and jeans, and did my best to wardrobe myself in relevant geekwear each day of the meeting. This post is for all the people at DPS who asked where my clothes came from.
- The Keep Calm and Carry on Exploring shirt came from our own store at Redbubble. (There are other great shirts there too -- check them out! )
- The Explore Space shirt came from Chop Shop, who have other great shirts including this one which produces a $5 donation to the Planetary Society for each one sold.
- The Let's Do a Science shirt is from the wonderful SarcasticRover's Zazzle store.
- Probably half of my space T-shirts come from shirt.woot. These are deal-a-day type things that are here again, gone tomorrow. At the moment this is the only space shirt of theirs that I know is available.
- My awesome Princess Leia hoodie came from heruniverse.com.
- But the pièce de résistance, the one that generated the most squee from the lady scientists at the poster sessions, was this Mars panorama skirt, from Etsy stitcher GoChaseRabbits. Thanks to Sarah Horst for the photo!