All-Star CalTech Panel Discussion: Moving an Asteroid
Air Date: 10/17/2011
Run Time: 0:28:52
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- Louis D. Friedman, Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- Tom Jones, Astronaut, Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
- Rusty Schweickart, B612 Foundation Chairman and Apollo 9 Astronaut
- John Lewis, planetary scientist
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
Topics:Support Planetary Radio
Why bring an asteroid closer to Earth? Don't we want to push them away? Both goals are considered by Lou Friedman, Tom Jones, John Lewis, Bill Nye, and Rusty Schweikart in highlights of a recent public discussion. Move over James Bond. Emily Lakdawalla busts some secrets about planetary science and so-called embargoes. Bruce Betts and Mat Kaplan have no secrets except the new space trivia contest answer in their What's Up segment.
Planetary Radio Search
Fifteen years ago, Society members and passionate space advocates like you helped save the Pluto mission. Now we can do the same for missions to Europa and Mars.
Join over 27,600 people who have completed their petition and consider a donation to support advocacy efforts.