PLANETARY RADIO LIVE: Celebrating Rover Curiosity
Air Date: 12/17/2012
Run Time: 28:50
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- John Grotzinger, Curiosity Project Scientist, California Institute of Technology
- Richard Cook, Curiosity Project Manager, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
The leaders of the Curiosity mission, Project Manager Richard Cook and Project Scientist John Grotzinger, join Bill Nye, Emily Lakdawalla and host Mat Kaplan for a live conversation about the thrilling mission of discovery on Mars. Bruce Betts tosses t-shirts to the space trivia contest winners in our packed audience, and everyone swings to the sound of jazz quartet Hedgehog Swing.
- Watch the Complete Planetary Radio Live Video!
- Emily Lakdawalla's Latest Curiosity Blog Entry
- JPL Curiosity Rover Website
- Hedgehog Swing Jazz Quartet
This week's prize is a beautiful and informative 2013 Year In Space wall calendar.
This week's question:
From what country did Curiosity's REMS instrument package come?
To submit your answer:
Send an email no later than Monday, December 24, at 2 pm Pacific time to email@example.com containing:
- Your answer
- Your name
- How to pronounce your name
- Your mailing address
- Your email address!
Last week's question:
What is the most common graphical symbol for Neptune designed to look like?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
TRMM is the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission. It is a joint project of NASA and what other space agency?
JAXA, the Japanese space agency.