PLANETARY RADIO LIVE: Celebrating Rover Curiosity
Air Date: 12/17/2012
Run Time: 28:50
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- John Grotzinger, Curiosity Project Scientist, California Institute of Technology
- Richard Cook, Curiosity Project Manager, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
The leaders of the Curiosity mission, Project Manager Richard Cook and Project Scientist John Grotzinger, join Bill Nye, Emily Lakdawalla and host Mat Kaplan for a live conversation about the thrilling mission of discovery on Mars. Bruce Betts tosses t-shirts to the space trivia contest winners in our packed audience, and everyone swings to the sound of jazz quartet Hedgehog Swing.
- Watch the Complete Planetary Radio Live Video!
- Emily Lakdawalla's Latest Curiosity Blog Entry
- JPL Curiosity Rover Website
- Hedgehog Swing Jazz Quartet
This week's prize is a beautiful and informative 2013 Year In Space wall calendar.
This week's question:
From what country did Curiosity's REMS instrument package come?
To submit your answer:
Send an email no later than Monday, December 24, at 2 pm Pacific time to email@example.com containing:
- Your answer
- Your name
- How to pronounce your name
- Your mailing address
- Your email address!
Last week's question:
What is the most common graphical symbol for Neptune designed to look like?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
TRMM is the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission. It is a joint project of NASA and what other space agency?
JAXA, the Japanese space agency.
Planetary Radio Search
Fifteen years ago, Society members and passionate space advocates like you helped save the Pluto mission. Now we can do the same for missions to Europa and Mars.
Join over 27,600 people who have completed their petition and consider a donation to support advocacy efforts.