Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
06/18/2012 | 29:52
- John M. Logsdon, Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- David DeVorkin, Senior Curator, History of Astronomy and the Space Sciences, National Air and Space Museum
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
Join us for the first half of a conversation with David DeVorkin, John Logsdon and Bill Nye.
06/11/2012 | 28:50
- Ray Bradbury, Author, poet, and visionary
- Chris McKay, Famed planetary scientist, NASA Ames Research Center
- David Brin, Science Fiction Author
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Science Fiction Author
We look back to the Planetary Society's 2003 birthday party for Ray Bradbury, with tributes from distinguished fans and eloquent words from the master himself.
06/04/2012 | 28:50
- Linda Spilker, Cassini Project Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Planetary Radio's most frequent guest returns with the latest news from the great ringed world, its moons, and its rings.
05/21/2012 | 28:50
- Mason Peck, NASA Chief Technologist, NASA
- Honorable Dana Rohrabacher, Congressman, US Congress
- Nathan Barnes, L'Garde Incorporated
Join the VIP tour! Planetary Radio visited L’Garde, Incorporated to see how its giant solar sail is coming together. You’ll hear from Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, NASA Chief Technologist Mason Peck, and L’Garde co-founder Gordon Veal.
05/07/2012 | 28:50
- Franck Marchis, Senior Planetary Astronomer, Carl Sagan Center at the SETI Institute
Based now at the SETI Institute’s Carl Sagan Center, Franck Marchis recently visited the Planetary Society for a conversation with host Mat Kaplan. He uses several of Earth’s most powerful telescopes to study what he calls multiple asteroid systems.
04/30/2012 | 28:50
As if extremes of temperature and lack of air weren’t enough! Some scientists believe it’s space radiation that will keep humans from venturing deep into our solar system. Not so, say three teams of NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC)-funded researchers. Each is exploring a cutting-edge approach to protecting astronauts on their way to Mars and other destinations.
04/23/2012 | 28:50
- Slava Turyshev, Research scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
After decades of mystery and investigation, after the recovery of gigabyte after gigabyte of data stored in obsolete computer formats, the whatdunit surrounding Pioneers 10 and 11 has finally reached its conclusion.
04/16/2012 | 28:50
- Scott Kardel, Public Affairs Director, International Dark-Sky Association
There are millions of urbanites who have never seen the wonders of a truly dark night sky. Scott Kardel of the International Dark Sky Association is fighting to restore the sky our ancestors knew so well.