Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Standard RSS Feed||Space Policy Edition|
04/05/2016 | 39:41
- Michel Mayor, Professor Emeritus, University of Geneva
Michel Mayor and his team rocked the astronomy world with their 1995 announcement, but this modest man says it was a discovery whose time had come.
03/29/2016 | 38:02
- Ashwin Vasavada, Mars Science Laboratory Project Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The new Mars Science Laboratory Project Scientist is not new to the mission. Ashwin Vasavada has worked on the Curiosity rover since 2004.
03/22/2016 | 28:50
- Konstantin Batygin, Assistant Professor of Planetary Science, California Institute of Technology
- Mike Brown, Planetary Astronomer, California Institute of Technology
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
- Linda Spilker, Cassini Project Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Our live conversation about “Planet 9” and the amazing diversity of our solar system, featuring Konstantin Batygin and Mike Brown of Caltech, Senior Editor Emily Lakdawalla, Bill Nye the Science Guy and Cassini Project Scientist Linda Spilker.
03/15/2016 | 35:30
- Neil Gehrels, Chief, Astroparticle Physics Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
NASA has given the go-ahead for creation of the Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope. It might help reveal the nature of dark energy and point the way to life among the stars.
03/08/2016 | 34:48
- Julielynn Wong, Founding Director, Center for Innovative Technologies and Public Health
Julielynn Wong came directly from her 30-day long HERA IX deep space simulation to our microphone. We talk with her about the experience, and her progress toward 3D medical device printing solutions for astronauts and Earthbound humans.
03/01/2016 | 1:08:15
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Science Fiction Author
Famed science fiction author Kim Stanley Robinson is back with Aurora, a cautionary tale about just how difficult interstellar travel may be.
02/23/2016 | 1:03:36
- Casey Dreier, Director of Space Policy, The Planetary Society
- Jason Callahan, Space Policy Advisor, The Planetary Society
Casey Dreier, the Planetary Society's Director of Space Policy, and Jason Callahan, the Society's Space Policy Advisor, talk with Mat Kaplan about the just-released "President's Budget Request" for the fiscal year starting in October of 2016.
02/16/2016 | 38:49
OK Go has gone where no band has gone before to make a music video. Mat talks with Damian Kulash and Tim Nordwind about the hazards, thrill and promise of making art in free fall.
02/09/2016 | 21:10
- Bruce Betts, Director of Science and Technology, The Planetary Society
- Jason Davis, Digital Editor, The Planetary Society
The Planetary Society's Bruce Betts and Jason Davis join host Mat Kaplan for a status report on LightSail 2, the Society's next solar sail, now being prepared for launch as soon as late this year.