Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
09/02/2013 | 49:32
- Bruce Betts, Director of Projects, The Planetary Society
- Louis D. Friedman, Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
The passing of Planetary Society co-founder and former JPL Director Bruce Murray has been marked around the world. Planetary Radio takes its turn with this special tribute.
04/08/2013 | 28:50
- Dave Doody, Operations Lead, JPL Cassini Mission Support and Services Office
JPL’s Dave Doody doesn’t just fly around the solar system, he teaches others how it's done. We talk about what students learn in his non-technical class, the Basics of Interplanetary Flight.
09/17/2012 | 28:50
- Robert Picardo, Actor and director
- Ed Stone, Voyager Interstellar Mission Chief Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
- Ann Druyan, writer and producer
Voyagers 1 and 2 just reached 35 years of travel in space. What a great reason to celebrate! Join Voyager Project Scientist Ed Stone, Ann Druyan, Emily Lakdawalla and Robert Picardo in this special live edition of our show. Bill Nye reports on a separate celebration in London and on the International Space Station, and Bruce Betts is back in fine form with Mat Kaplan for this week’s What’s Up.
07/23/2012 | 28:50
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
What better place to talk about Earth's oceans and the seas of other worlds?
07/16/2012 | 45:56
- Rosaly Lopes, Planetary Scientist and Leading Volcanologist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
JPL volcanologist Rosaly Lopes has discovered more volcanos than anyone else, including 71 on Jupiter’s moon Io. She is fascinated by these fiery (and sometimes frigid) features of our dynamic solar system, and shared her love at the recent SETIcon.