Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
05/06/2013 | 41:37
- Bill Ailor, Director of the Aerospace Corporation's Center for Orbital and Reentry Debris Studies
- Lindley Johnson, NASA
- Debbie Lewis, Director, Axiom
- Edward Lu, Chairman and CEO, B612 Foundation
- Cathy Plesko, Applied Physics Research Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Rusty Schweickart, B612 Foundation Chairman and Apollo 9 Astronaut
- Don Yeomans, Manager of NASA's Near Earth Object Program Office
The last installment of our Planetary Defense Conference coverage makes a deep impact as hundreds of attendees participate in an asteroid mitigation exercise. You’ll hear from astronauts Ed Lu and Rusty Schweikart, Near Earth Object expert Don Yeomans, Cathy Plesko of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and many more.
09/24/2012 | 37:42
- Bruce Betts, Director of Science and Technology, The Planetary Society
- Steve Chesley, Astrodynamicist, JPL
We're live at the Pacific Astronomy and Telescope Show, with JPL astrodynamicist Steve Chesley and Planetary Society Director of Projects Bruce Betts. Steve and Bruce reveal the exciting OSIRIS REx mission to an asteroid and then back to Earth with a precious soil sample. Enter the contest to name the asteroid! Bill Nye and Emily Lakdawalla check in, and one listener will win a Celestron FirstScope telescope.