Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Standard RSS Feed||Space Policy Edition|
11/29/2016 | 31:44
- Bill Diamond, President and CEO, SETI Institute
The SETI Institute is about much more than the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. President and CEO Bill Diamond of the Institute explains.
11/15/2016 | 36:13
- S. Sona Hosseini, Research and Instrument Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Rosaly Lopes, Senior Research Scientist/Manager for Planetary Science, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Mike Malaska, Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Jani Radebaugh, Professor of Geological Sciences, Brigham Young University
Back to the annual meeting of the AAS Division for Planetary Sciences this week, where Mat Kaplan visited with experts on worlds of ice including Titan and Pluto, with a side trip to the dunes of Iran.
11/08/2016 | 45:42
- Enrico Palermo, Executive Vice President and General Manager, The Spaceship Company
Host Mat Kaplan traveled to California’s Mojave Desert for a tour of Virgin Galactic’s The Spaceship Company, where the second SpaceShipTwo was built and is undergoing flight tests. TSC Executive VP Enrico Palermo was his guide.
10/25/2016 | 38:02
- Alan Stern, New Horizons Principal Investigator, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Alan Stern of the New Horizons mission to Pluto and beyond was in Pasadena for the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society’s Division for Planetary Sciences. He joined Mat Kaplan for a very special conversation down the street at Planetary Society HQ.
10/18/2016 | 58:54
- Charley Kohlhase, Engineer, Artist, Cassini Mission Designer
How did the Voyager spacecraft manage to weave their magnificent way through the outer planets of our solar system? Mission Design Manager Charley Kohlhase led the team that crunched the numbers to select the best possible trajectory from 10,000 candidates.
10/11/2016 | 46:06
- Andrew Fazekas, Science writer and broadcaster, National Geographic and CBC-Radio Canada
The Night Sky Guy, Andrew Fazekas, talks about his beautiful new, Star Trek-inspired guide to the real wonders of astronomy.
09/13/2016 | 28:50
- Dante Lauretta, OSIRIS-REx Principal Investigator, University of Arizona
In two years a Near Earth Asteroid now known as Bennu will have a visitor from Earth. OSIRIS-REx Principal Investigator Dante Lauretta reports on his mission’s successful launch.