Cassini Update AND LightSail Spreads its Wings!
Air Date: 06/09/2015
Run Time: 28:50
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- Linda Spilker, Cassini Project Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Our most frequent guest, Cassini Project Scientist Linda Spilker, returns with another update on the magnificent mission at Saturn, including evidence for hydrothermal vents in the oceans of Enceladus! You’ll also hear Bill Nye and the moment when LightSail began to deploy its solar sail. Bruce Betts drops by with many more reasons to watch and wonder in What’s Up.
- Partial image of sail received from LightSail!
- Cassini Website
- Tracking LightSail Across the Sky
- Bill Nye and others react to LightSail’s sail deployment
- Planetary Radio Visits London-Event Information and RSVP
Too bad there’s no contest this week. We were going to give away a new car.
This week's question:
THE CONTEST WILL RETURN IN TWO WEEKS.
Last week's question:
Soviet Alexei Leonov performed the first spacewalk (extravehicular activity). Out of all spacewalks, what number, in chronological order, was the next Soviet spacewalk?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
How many Atlas 5 launches took place in 2014?
There were nine launches of Atlas 5 rockets in 2014.