Live at the Planetary Defense Conference!
Air Date: 04/22/2013
Run Time: 28:50
Listen to the full show:
Or Download mp3
- Brent Barbee, Flight Dynamics Engineer, Goddard space Flight Center
- Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator, Jet Propulsion Lab
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer,
- Cathy Plesko, Applied Physics Research Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- David Trilling, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern Arizona University
Topics: explaining science, events and announcements, podcasts and videos, fun, interview, Planetary Society, Planetary Society People, Bill Nye, Planetary Radio, Planetary Society Video, planetary defense and Mirror Bees, Planetary Society Events, asteroids, comets, Earth impact hazard, meteors, near-Earth asteroids, Spitzer Space Telescope, WISE, impact crateringSupport Planetary Radio
Planetary Radio host Mat Kaplan joined Bill Nye and four passionate planetary explorers on stage at the Planetary Defense Conference in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- 2013 Planetary Defense Conference
- VIDEOS: Here's the Complete PDC Public Event
- BLOG: This Week at the Planetary Defense Conference
- BLOG: Saving the World: Shoemaker NEO Grant Winners Announced
- BLOG: Emily Lakdawalla Hosts Mars One Astronaut Selection Announcement
This week's prize is Bill Nye the Science Guy's voice on your answering system!
This week's question:
What is the name of the pioneering planetary geologist who did the first detailed geological mapping of Meteor Crater in Arizona? He was also central to the determination that it was caused by an impact, along with lunar and other craters.
To submit your answer:
Complete the contest entry form at http:planetary.org/radiocontest no later than Monday, April 29, at 2pm Pacific Time.
Last week's question:
What is the diameter of Meteor Crater in Arizona?
The answer will be revealed next week.
Question from the week before:
What is the reflective coating on the mirrors of the Chandra X-Ray Telescope?
The mirrors are coated with Iridium.