Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
07/15/2014 | 28:50
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
- Jim Bell, President of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- David Brin, Science Fiction Author
- Bruce Betts, Director of Science and Technology, The Planetary Society
- Jason Davis, Digital Editor
- Barbara Plante, Founder and President, Boreal Space
- Doug Stetson, LightSail Project Manager, The Planetary Society
LightSail, the Planetary Society’s innovative solar sail cubesat, will ride into space on the huge SpaceX Falcon Heavy, now in development. Bill Nye and others join us for a live celebration of this announcement.
07/01/2014 | 28:50
- Laurie Barge, Post Doctoral Fellow, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
There’s so much we don’t know about the origin of life here or anywhere else in the universe. But there must have been an energy source. Researcher Laurie Barge led work that simulated the natural formation of a fuel cell that may have taken place in Earth’s primordial oceans.
09/23/2013 | 30:31
- Louis D. Friedman, Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
Only days after Voyager 1 reached interstellar space, forward thinkers met in Houston, Texas to consider how humans can become a starfaring species. Planetary Society Emeritus Executive Director Lou Friedman reports from the meeting.
05/21/2012 | 28:50
- Mason Peck, NASA Chief Technologist, NASA
- Honorable Dana Rohrabacher, Congressman, US Congress
- Nathan Barnes, L'Garde Incorporated
Join the VIP tour! Planetary Radio visited L’Garde, Incorporated to see how its giant solar sail is coming together. You’ll hear from Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, NASA Chief Technologist Mason Peck, and L’Garde co-founder Gordon Veal.