Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Standard RSS Feed||Space Policy Edition|
04/22/2014 | 28:50
- Dante Lauretta, OSIRIS-REx Principal Investigator, University of Arizona
- Elisa Quintana, Kepler Mission Research Scientist, SETI Institute
Finally found: an Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone. You’ll hear lead scientist Elisa Quintana make the announcement. Then OSIRIS REx mission Principal Investigator Dante Lauretta will tell us how the spacecraft will return a sample of material from the birth of the solar system.
08/19/2013 | 28:50
Two missions are coming together in a high bay clean room at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. SMAP and ISS RapidScat went on display for a visit by NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. Mat Kaplan and Emily Lakdawalla provide special coverage.
01/28/2013 | 28:53
- Debra Fischer, Astronomer, Yale University
Yale Professor of Astronomy Debra Fischer is one of our planet’s most successful discoverers of exoplanets. She has set her sights on Alpha Centauri, where she hopes to find a Earth-sized world in the habitable zone: not too hot, not too cold for life.
10/22/2012 | 28:50
- Heidi Hammel, Vice President of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- Jim Bell, President of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- Rosaly Lopes, Planetary Scientist and Leading Volcanologist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- William Hartmann, Planetary scientist, author, and artist
- Bill Borucki, Kepler Principal Investigator
- Alan Stern, New Horizons Principal Investigator, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
The 44th Annual Meeting of the AAS Division of Planetary Sciences hosted hundreds of researchers and revealed volumes of scientific results. Join us at the conference.