Information on this page is intended for paid registrants of the 2023 Day of Action in Washington, D.C.
Thank you for signing up for the Day of Action! This page provides information and materials so participants can prepare for their trip and for their meetings. It will be updated as more details become available.
- August 14th: Our scheduling process begins in earnest for all member meetings; continues through Sept 17th.
- August 25th: final day to book rooms at our discounted block rate
- September 5th: Last day to register for the Day of Action.
- September 17th: Afternoon training session (participation required).
- September 18th: Congressional meetings (schedules will vary).
- Sunday, September 17th:
- 1pm - 5pm: In-person training, University of Arizona D.C. Center for Outreach and Collaboration (1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004)
- 5pm - 8pm: Casual dinner and member gathering, location TBD
- Monday, September 18th:
Required Prep for the Training Session on Sept 17th:
- Complete the Space Advocacy 101 online course (or revisit Lessons 6 & 7 if you've already taken it)
- Review The Planetary Society's Space Policy & Advocacy Principles
- Review The Planetary Society's Recommendations to the Biden Administration
- Fill out the legislator prep worksheet for your two Senators and your House representative
Optional "Deep Prep" Resources
Deep prep resources provide an additional level of detail and background that some participants may find helpful and illuminating. These are optional for all participants.
- The latest public polling for NASA and the space agency's economic impact
- Planetary Defense Deep Prep page
- NASA's Planetary Science Division overview and FY 2024 budget issues
- Project Artemis current status and FY 2024 budget status
- NASA's FY 2024 Budget tracking page
- The U.S. Senate threatens to cancel Mars Sample Return (analysis)
- Why we need VERITAS
Please email any questions to [email protected].