This page is for paid registrants of the 2021 Day of Action. Haven't registered? Do so here.
Training: 28 March 2021, 11am PT - 2pm PT (2pm ET - 5pm ET) via Zoom
Special Briefings, 31 March:
- 10am PT / 1pm ET: Masten Space Systems on its upcoming commercial lunar service mission
- 12pm PT / 3pm ET: Lindley Johnson, NASA's Planetary Defense Officer
Meetings: 31 March 2021, schedules vary.
Required Reading Prior to the Training Session
- Complete the Space Advocacy 101 online course (or refresh your memory if you've already taken it)
- The Planetary Society's Space Policy & Advocacy Principles
- The Planetary Society's Recommendations to the Biden Administration
- Talking points (see below)
Talking Points, Key Messages, and Worksheets
- Talking Points for the 2021 Day of Action These are our key "asks" for the coming year, and can be shared with congressional staff and elected officials.
- Discussion topics for office meetings A more general list of things to talk about in a meeting, meant to spur discussion and lead to the specifics stated in our talking points.
- Legislator Prep worksheet Use this worksheet to help prepare for each meeting.
Optional Topic "Deep Dives"
- Planetary Defense (published 3 March 2021)
- Planetary Exploration (published 10 March 2021)
- Public Polling and Economic Impact (published 17 March 2021 )
It's all online this year. That means we'll be doing web video conferencing with Zoom and an all-day chat/hangout on Slack for community-building and support.
- Meetings and training will be conducted using Zoom. Links for the training session will be emailed to you prior to training day. Please make sure you have Zoom installed and verify that it is working properly prior to training and your meetings. You may also want to review proper Zoom etiquette.
- Your meeting schedule and related Zoom links are available on our Day of
Action web portal. You will be emailed access credentials no later than March 24th.
- We will use Slack for text-based communication on our training day and on the Day of Action. You can download it here (it's free) or use it in your web browser. You will need to create an account if you do not already have one. If you are not familiar with Slack, check out this quick introductory video. Prior to training day, you will receive an invite into our 2021 Day of Action workspace.
Download the official Planetary Society Zoom virtual background for use during your meetings on the Day of Action. Need help setting your virtual background? Click here.
Please email any questions to [email protected].
Last updated 17 March 2021.