- Brent Barbee, Flight Dynamics Engineer, Goddard space Flight Center
- Mat Kaplan
- Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator, Jet Propulsion Lab
- Cathy Plesko, Applied Physics Research Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- David Trilling, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern Arizona University
Moderator Mat Kaplan of Planetary Radio leads a lively and inspiring conversation in the grand finale of the PDC public event. Four outstanding young leaders in the planetary defense community join Bill and Mat on stage.
- Geoffrey Notkin, Science Writer, Host, Author, Meteorite Men
The 2013 PDC public event welcomes the co-star of the Science Channel's popular reality show to the Northern Arizona University stage.
The first of five segments that capture our exciting evening at the Planetary Defense Conference.
Lecture 10 of Dr. Bruce Betts' 2013 online Introductory Planetary Science and Astronomy course covers Transneptunian Objects (TNOs) including the Pluto System, Eris, Kuiper Belt Objects, Comets, and the Oort Cloud, and also covers the solar wind, aurorae, and the heliosphere. Recorded at California State University Dominguez Hills.
The Planetary Society's Director of Projects served as MC for the exciting public event at this year's PDC. It was the perfect venue for Bruce to announce the winners in the latest round of Shoemaker Near Earth Object grants from the Society.
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
The Planetary Society's CEO was a wildly popular speaker at the PDC public event on April 17, 2013. Here's his presentation to over 900 fans on the campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff.
- Heidi Hammel, Vice President of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
My guest was Planetary Society Board vice president Heidi Hammel. We discussed two planets near and dear to our hearts, Neptune and Uranus. What's new on these icy worlds since Voyager 2 passed by, and what are the prospects for their future exploration?
- Mike Brown, Planetary Astronomer, California Institute of Technology
Lecture 9 of Dr. Bruce Betts' 2013 online Introductory Planetary Science and Astronomy course starts with guest Dr. Mike Brown of Caltech, discoverer of Trans Neptunian Objects, then covers the Uranian and Neptunian systems including atmospheres, interiors, rings, and moons including Triton. Recorded at California State University Dominguez Hills.
- Casey Dreier, Director of Advocacy, The Planetary Society
Should all scientists be required to get formal training in computer science? Should they release their code as open-source software to the public? We talk with Chase Million, founder of Million Concepts, which provides scientific programming contracting to research scientists.
In 2016, The Planetary Society’s LightSail program will take the technology a step further.