In the vast reaches of Space, being of course by even a single degree can have catastrophic result. Watch Nye reveal the science behind interplanetary navigation.
Bill Nye takes a look at the similarities and differences between Jupiter and the Sun. Is Jupiter really like a piece of the Sun? Watch Nye shed some light on this tricky conundrum.
On October 9th 2013 the Juno spacecraft will re-enter Earth's orbit, and use the Earth's gravity to sling shot it all the way to Jupiter. Watch as Nye uses his trademark wit and charm to breathe life into the science behind this unprecedented event.
Watch as Nye shows you how NASA's Juno spacecraft will use a combination of cutting edge technology and the good old Doppler effect to take a peek deep inside Jupiter.
- David Paige, Professor of Planetary Sciences, UCLA
- Bruce Betts, Director of Science and Technology, The Planetary Society
- Mat Kaplan, Planetary Radio Host and Producer
Join lunar scientist Dr. David Paige, LADEE EPO Coordinator Brian Day, Bill Nye, and the Society's Mat Kaplan and Dr. Bruce Betts in front of a crowd of 150 space fans as they celebrate LADEE's launch to the Moon.
- Casey Dreier, Director of Advocacy, The Planetary Society
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
We celebrate the first full year of operations on the martian surface with Deputy Project Scientist Dr. Ashwin Vasavada from JPL
Our Curiosity Knows No Bounds!
Become a member of The Planetary Society and together we will create the future of space exploration.