Planetary Radio Show Archives: 2003
12/22/2003 | 0:27:42
- Steve Squyres, Mars Exploration Rover Principal Investigator, Cornell University
Doctor Steven Squyres talks about the challenges, human and robotic, facing the Mars Exploration Rover mission; Emily Lakdawalla is watching for shooting stars...on Mars, and Bruce Betts and Mat Kaplan attend the Planetary Society's holiday party.
12/15/2003 | 0:30:40
- Albert Haldemann, Deputy Project Scientist for the Mars Exploration Rover mission, Mars Exploration Rover mission
Planetary Radio gets a Mars Exploration Rover status report from Deputy Project Scientist, Dr. Albert Haldemann; Emily Lakdawalla can tell how old a planet is from its surface.
12/01/2003 | 0:28:13
A Wes Huntress Encore for the Beginning of Our Second Season
11/17/2003 | 0:30:29
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
The Planetary Society's Red Rover Goes To Mars Project with Emily Lakdawalla
11/10/2003 | 0:29:36
- Carlton Allen, Curator, Johnson Space Center Astromaterials Lab
Moon Rocks, Martian Meteorites and More at the NASA Astromaterials Lab
11/03/2003 | 0:29:52
- Bettye Walker, Cofounder, A-Man International Science Discovery & Learning Center
- Hal Walker, Cofounder, A-Man International Science Discovery & Learning Center
A South African Teen Joins the Student Astronauts
10/06/2003 | 0:29:09
- Bernard Foing, Project Scientist, SMART-1 mission
The Moon, Ion Engines, and Helium 3 ...What More Could You Want?
09/15/2003 | 0:30:25
- Claudia Alexander, Galileo Project Manager
Claudia Alexander, the Final Galileo Project Manager
09/08/2003 | 0:30:17
- Robert Picardo, Actor and director
Holographic Doctors and Galileo's Daughter: A Visit With Robert Picardo
08/04/2003 | 0:29:03
The Envelope Please: Choosing the 2007 Mars Scout Mission, Part 2
07/28/2003 | 0:29:38
- Peter Smith, Principal Investigator for Phoenix, University of Arizona
- Laurie Leshin, Principal Investigator for SCIM
The Envelope Please: Choosing the 2007 Mars Scout Mission, Part 1
07/07/2003 | 0:30:09
- Arthur C. Clarke, Author and futurist
An Encore for Sir Arthur and Another New Extrasolar Planet
06/09/2003 | 0:28:07
Society President Wes Huntress and a Little Guy Named Biff""
06/02/2003 | 0:28:21
- Dan Durda, Near Earth Object astronomer and astronomical painter
High Flyin', Cave Divin' Planetary Science with Dan Durda
05/12/2003 | 0:28:56
- Jim Bell, President of the Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
Hear excerpts of the Mars Exploration Rover imaging team lead Jim Bell's presentation last week at Planetary Society headquarters; Emily looks for life on the moon, while Bruce Betts says to get ready for this week's lunar eclipse!
04/28/2003 | 0:35:41
Looking Back: Jurrie van der Woude's 37 years at JPL
04/21/2003 | 0:29:50
- Matt Golombek, Co-chair, Mars Exploration Rover Landing Site selection committee
Matt Golombek tells us about the Mars Exploration Rover landing site selection process and the exciting destinations just chosen. What objects hold the solar system's speed record? We'll find out from Emily.
04/14/2003 | 0:29:47
- Greg Delory, Science and Data Systems Coordinator, University of California, Berkeley
What would you sound like on Mars? Berkeley researcher Greg Delory and the Planetary Society have developed the Mars Microphone, so that we can find out.
02/17/2003 | 0:29:36
- Paul Horowitz, Astrophysicist, Harvard University
Optical SETI Has an Eye for Extraterrestrial Messages
02/03/2003 | 0:27:33
- Louis D. Friedman, Board of Directors, The Planetary Society
- David Warmflash, NASA Astrobiology Institute
Special Live Edition of Planetary Radio: The Loss of Space Shuttle Columbia
01/27/2003 | 0:31:27
- William Hartmann, Planetary scientist, author, and artist
A Renaissance Space Man: Dr. William Hartmann Talks About His Novels, Art and Research
01/20/2003 | 0:31:11
Another Benefit of Space Science? Shuttle Experiment Offers Glimmer of Hope in the Mideast
In 2016, The Planetary Society’s LightSail program will take the technology a step further.