Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
03/21/2011 | 0:28:52
- Bob Nichol, Scientific Spokesperson, Sloan Digital Sky Survey
The Sloan Digital Sky Survey Captures the Universe
03/07/2011 | 0:28:52
- Mike Callahan, Goddard Spaceflight Center
Life's Building Blocks Found in an Impossible" Meteorite"
02/28/2011 | 0:28:52
- Jessica Sunshine, spectroscopist and Deep Impact co-investigator, University of Maryland
- Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor and Planetary Evangelist, The Planetary Society
Jessica Sunshine returns to talk about the flyby of comet Tempel 1 by Stardust-NExT. She is joined by Emily Lakdawalla and Mat Kaplan.
02/14/2011 | 0:28:52
- Mat Kaplan, Planetary Radio Host and Producer
Exploring NewSpace at the 2011 San Diego SpaceUp Unconference
02/07/2011 | 0:28:52
- Ed Stone, Voyager Interstellar Mission Chief Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Voyager 1 at the Edge of the Solar System, With Ed Stone
01/24/2011 | 0:28:52
- Chris McKay, Famed planetary scientist, NASA Ames Research Center
- Rafael Navarro-Gonzalez, researcher
Rafael Navarro-Gonzalez and Chris McKay Say the Vikings Probably DID Discover Organics on Mars