The New Cosmos Has a New Trailer
Posted by Casey Dreier
30-01-2014 13:14 CST
Fox just released a new trailer for the remake of Cosmos, the 13-part series that will air on Fox and the National Geographic channel starting March 9th:
Some initial impressions:
- Nice to finally hear some actual voice-over work by Tyson in this. It's a significant improvement over brief (and uncharacteristically awkward) phrase, "It's time to get going again" which were the only words spoken in the first trailer.
- It's hard to tell how much of the style presented here is due to the editors of the trailer and actually representative of the series. What we see here is certainly more frenetic and "whiz-bang" than the original series, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
- The promise that we will "Discover what connects us all" is pretty much exactly the goal of the original series, and a big part of what made it so special. The interconnectedness of science to our lives and society is deep and rich and mostly overlooked, so I'm glad to see that this will continue to be a prominent focus.
- Interesting that the show is "hosted by" Tyson. It may just be how the trailer presents it, but I'm curious how much editorial control he exercised over the show.
- I've already planned my evening around March 9th. I'm still excited.
Fifteen years ago, Society members and passionate space advocates like you helped save the Pluto mission. Now we can do the same for missions to Europa and Mars.
Join over 27,600 people who have completed their petition and consider a donation to support advocacy efforts.