Help Wanted: Web Editor Intern
Applications for this position are no longer open. Thank you for your interest.
The Planetary Society is looking for a bright, motivated person* with superb attentiveness to detail who wants hands-on web editing experience.
It is a paid position for about 10 hours a week, the work to be done remotely and to be split over at least two days in the week. (The job cannot be done only on weekends.) Work is available immediately and runs through September 2013, with the possibility of renewal after that.
- Updating and editing Web pages using a Content Management System
- Preparing and uploading space images with caption and other metadata into our image database
- Proofreading and posting guest blog articles
- Experience with and understanding of the structure of a Content Management System (Wordpress is one example; our website uses Convio CMS)
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Basic image editing (cropping, resizing, changing file format as necessary)
- Good communication skills in English
- Proofreading skill
- Ability to use Skype video chat or Google+ Hangout for face-to-face communication
- Basic familiarity with the objects in our solar system
- The deeper your content knowledge about space and space exploration, the better
- Strong writing ability
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
*(Note: this posting originally stipulated "college student" but as a result of inquiries received, we've removed that stipulation.)
An asteroid or comet headed for Earth is the only large-scale natural disaster we can prevent. Working together to fund our Shoemaker NEO Grants for astronomers, we can help save the world.